- Tips For Bodybuilding Success:
- 1) Keep a training journal!
- View each workout as a contest with yourself – the goal is to set new personal records in each exercise as often as possible by lifting a little more weight or squeezing out another rep or two with the same weight as last time. Remember, the key to progress is progressive resistance.
- 3) Monitor yourself. Use calipers to make sure my skin folds don’t exceed pre-set limits, such as 8 mm for abs.
- 4) Variety in training is. Plateaus hit when you stick with the same thing for too long. Try different exercises, rep ranges, set volumes, training days per week per muscle, etc. One excellent way to train is to hit each muscle twice weekly, doing 2 exercises for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps with fairly long rest periods on one day, then 3-4 days later using a different exercise for 10 sets of 3-5 reps, resting no more than 2 minutes between sets.