In the previous article we featured one of our best Nutrition, Training, and Supplement plans for females. But, we didn’t want to leave you guys out so here we present our best
Gain Muscle / Lose Fat nutrition program for males along with a workout designed especially for naturals to develop muscle size and strength while expediting fat loss.
Gain Muscle and Lose Fat Supplement Plan
- Meal #1: 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites, 5 oz. lean meat, ½ cup oatmeal Meal #2: Protein Drink: 2 scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, 2 tbsp healthy fat (almond butter, flax oil, olive oil or 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream), add enough water to make a shake the consistency you desire. Whole food option: 8 oz. lean beef, 1 apple
- Meal #3: 8 oz. lean meat, 6 oz. sweet potato or 2/3 cup cooked brown rice, 2 cups vegetables (broccoli, etc.), salad with 2 tbsp dressing
- Meal #4: (same as meal #2)
- Meal #5: 8 oz. lean meat, 2 cups vegetables, salad with 2 tbsp Newman’s Own vinegar and oil dressing
- Meal #6: (if you weigh 185lb or more): Protein pudding – mix two scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein in a bowl with just enough water to make a pudding texture. Add 1 tbsp of almond butter, walnuts, or heavy cream. Beverages: Make sure that you drink at least six to eight 8 oz. glasses of water each day (that’s four 16 oz. bottles). Watch out for empty calories in the liquids you drink, juices and regular soft drinks will sabotage your progress. Limit beverages to water, coffee, unsweetened tea, diet sodas, and Crystal Light.
Gain Muscle and Lose Fat Supplement Plan
- ESSENTIAL: Ultimate Muscle Protein (UMP), Mass Amino Acids, Ultra 40
- UMP: Start with two containers (stick with your favorite flavor or mix it up for variety) and take it as recommended in the meal plan above.
- Mass Aminos and Ultra 40: start with one bottle each of Mass Aminos and Ultra 40. (Note: see how Aaron Whitten added 20lbs of muscle naturally using this time tested, proven effective muscle building stack in the
Articlesection of BeverlyInternational.com.) You should take 1 tablet each of Mass Aminos and Ultra 40 for every 10 pounds of bodyweight. If you weigh 180lbs that equates to 18 tablets each per day or 3 or 4 with each meal or shake.
- OPTIONAL: Quadracarn, Muscle Synergy, Creatine Select, Super Pak
- Over 35: Quadracarn for anti-aging, hormone support and recovery benefits. Take 3 tabs twice daily with meals 1 and 5 for increased recovery, fat loss and muscle building. Add 3 additional tablets on training days with your pre-training meal. Over 50: Muscle Synergy for its muscle preservation properties.
- Added strength: Creatine Select is the perfect add-on to the Essential stack.
- General health benefits: Super Pak with your first meal every morning.
- Special Focus on Weight Gain or Gat Loss
- Need to gain weight: Add a Mass Maker Ultra shake (before and/or after your workout) to the above meal plan and Essential supplement stack.
- Need to cut fat: Add 2 Lean Out with meals #1, 3, and 5 to the Essential supplement stack.
The Best Muscle Size Workout for NaturalsThis workout program is based around a 1 on/1 off, 1 on/2 off training split. This type of split allows you to work really hard, yet still get maximum recovery. This routine has produced WONDERS in size and strength gains across a wide range of population bases. Chances are it will do the same for you.
- Day One: Chest, Triceps
- Bench Press: (3 warm up sets of 20,12, and then 6-8 reps); work sets: 2 x 6 with 80% of your 1-rep max (1RM); 2x3 (90% 1RM); rep out for 1 set of 8-15 (60-70% 1RM)
- Low Incline DB Press: 1x12-15 (warm up); 2x6-9 (enough weight to fail before 10)
- High Incline DB Press: 3 x 6-9
- Triceps Pushdown: 1 x 10 (warm up); 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Pullover and Press: 1x10 (warm up); 2 x 8-12
- Alternate DB Curl: 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Crunches: 3-4 sets of 15-25 reps
- Day Two: Rest
- Day Three: Legs, Back
- Squats: (2 warm up sets of 15 and then 10 reps); work sets: 3x6-8 (75% 1RM); 1 x 10-15 (65% 1RM and add 5 half squats at the end of the set); 1 x 15-25 (50% 1RM and again, add 5 half squats at the end of the set)
- Leg Press: (2 warm up sets of 20 and then 10 reps); 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps (add weight each set and go to failure)
- Bent-Over BB Row or DB Row: 1x12 (warm up); 3 x 6-10
- Lat Pulldown: 1 x 15 (warm up); 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps, to failure
- Days Four and Five: Rest
- Day Six: Chest, Shoulders, Biceps
- DB Bench Press: 1 x 15 (warm up); 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps to failure each set; 1 x 15 (for pump)
- Front DB Raises: 1 x 15 (warm up); 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Shrugs: 1 x 20 (warm up); 3 x 8-15 (increase weight each set)
- Straight Bar Curls: 1 x 20 (warm up); 1 x 10-15 (to failure); 3 x 8-12 (to failure)
- Hyperextensions: 2 sets-max reps
- Crunches: 2 sets-max reps
- Day Seven: Rest
- Day Eight: Legs, Lower Back
- 1. Leg Extension: 5 x 12-16, superset with Front or Smith Machine Squats: 5 x 8-12
- 2. Leg Curls: 3 x 10-15, superset with Deadlift: 3 x 8-12
- 3. Seated Calf Raise: 3 x 10-15 (add partials at the end of each set)
- Days Nine and Ten: Rest, and then Start over with Day 1 Workout
- A Note about Poundage Progression: Here are some guidelines you can use to get the most out of your
- Increase the poundage a small amount (and don’t be afraid to use the 2.5lb plates) the next workout if:
- A. Rep range is 2x6 or 2x3 –and you can successfully get 6 reps (or 3 reps) on both sets
- B. Rep range is 6-8 or 6-9 – and you can get the top number on the 1st set, and 6 or more on each of the remaining sets. Ex: 9,7,6.
- C. Rep range is 8-12 and you can get 12 on the 1st set; or rep range is 10-15 and you get 15 on 1st set, etc.
If you want to gain muscle and strength, while losing fat give this program a try for 16 weeks. If the workout is more than you are accustomed to, start with 1 or 2 less work sets on each exercise. Then gradually work into the full routine. But, even if you are used to training more often or with more volume, please don’t add anything to the routine. It is tested and proven to be one of the most effective workout plans ever. Combine the "Best Muscle Size Workout Plan for Naturals
with the Gain Muscle and Lose Fat" nutrition and supplement plan for the next 4 months and be ready to see a dramatic positive change in your physique, body composition, and strength.
- Previous NNM articles:
- › Beverly’s top 5 best-selling supplements. How athletes are dosing each product
- › Natural Muscle Size Workout & Diet