- 2017 is almost here. Beverly International will be 50 years old next year. We’ve been manufacturing highest quality, no nonsense supplements, while educating and helping others for almost half a century. Can you believe that? The big 5-0! That is quite an accomplishment for any size business. Roger was affiliated with Beverly even before we started dating back in the early 80’s. Since that time, we’ve had a front row seat, viewing and actively participating together in every aspect of the business.
- We’ve learned valuable lessons, big and small (...and they all count). We’ve been sharing our methods and a little bit of how we operate with you in the past few BEAT columns. This issue the focus is on the question. “Why doesn’t Beverly showcase and feature new products every 3 months like a lot of other companies in your industry?” Let me explain…
1. We do our own thing. It’s the BEVERLY way. We are independent thinkers and doers. Just because other companies claim they are unleashing the newest, greatest, latest supplement, doesn’t mean that we will automatically get on the wagon. In our 50 years we have seen hundreds and perhaps even thousands of such supplements that did not pan out in the real world. Consumers spent millions of dollars on hugely hyped, ineffective supplements.
2. We won’t ride the wave for the sake of quick money. That’s what happens when a company releases a new product to the public. They advertise the heck out of it. Watch sales swell initially and then when the novelty is over and the lack of product effectiveness becomes obvious, the sales crash … just like a wave. There’s another hidden aspect to this as well. Consumers are not only purchasing a product that more often than not yields no results, but the costs of the ad campaign for the product launch are factored into what you pay for the product. You end up paying for their mistake! And in a few months they are back at it again with the money from the initial sales of their last failed product.
3. Beverly International has built its reputation on Quality and Results. At BI we ask, "Which ingredients do scientific studies say produce results? Is this ingredient or combination of ingredients safe for the consumer? How can we manufacture these ingredients to ensure that they are of the highest possible quality? What dosage is needed to achieve the desired results?” The answers to these questions lead to the development of products which are capable of delivering results that meet or exceed those reported in studies. But, we still do not bring the product to market unless we’ve also tested it personally to see if it works as predicted in the real world. Yes, even Roger and I personally serve as guinea pigs before a product is ever released to you. Please know… Beverly has the resources and ability to manufacture any type of product. But, we are very selective, conservative and cautious. We aren’t about to skate on the edge of what is legal. We are in business for a purpose, and it’s not to create a new product every 3 months.
4. We are not a MARKETING company. BEVERLY is a TRUE Supplement company. We are Educators. That’s why we continue to publish our in-house magazine dedicated to your success. We make sure that each article in our No Nonsense magazine has something in it you personally can use. The people who submit articles to No Nonsense are all actual Beverly supplement users. We don’t pay them to write it nor do we charge you to receive it. It’s a gift that passes from one person to another, changing lives as it goes. Read their stories, and you’ll undoubtedly see they are remarkable. Yet they’re people who are serious about their training, but who also lead a real life like you!
5. Since 1967, Beverly has become a tried and true sports supplement icon. The products we manufacture are effective and they work. They’ve been tested by thousands of people over the years. There are many reasons why we continue to make products like Mass Amino Acids, Ultra 40 Liver and the Super Pak. THEY are NUTRITIONALLY power packed and they produce results.
6. If we added a new product every 3 months, can you even imagine the confusion? THERE are already soooo many products to choose from. The number of items you’ll find even in a small supplement store is overwhelming, but when you factor in the internet, you’re looking at thousands and thousands of available supplements.
7. Did you know that BEVERLY began back in 1967 with 3 products? The Energy Pak contained a daily supply of natural vitamins and minerals in each individual packet. Liver & Yeast tablets blended together two organic sources of protein, desiccated liver and brewer’s yeast, at that time the best animal source and vegetable source of protein. Zero-Carb protein powder consisted of milk casein and animal glands. (Remember, this was a time when almost every protein supplement was a derivative of soy flour so Zero-Carb was a breakthrough product.) As time went on additional products were added to the line and by the early 1990’s there were more than a dozen vitamin packs alone. They ranged in potency from the Energy Pak to a mega- dosed Hercules Pak. The Hercules was so large that even Andre the Giant would have had trouble swallowing all the tablets. Over the years, we streamlined our focus, and have built the supplement line around our mission of helping you transform your body composition. That gave rise to proteins, amino acid formulations, fat emulsifiers, and other nutritional supplements that help you build more muscle and lose more fat. We maintain that same BEVERLY No Nonsense focus today.